Wednesday 12 February 2014

WOYWW #245

Good evening, another late one this week, don't have an excuse this week, just had such a busy week so far (and its still only Wednesday) that I forgot what day it was until I was on the way to work! Anyway, here is my desk:

and a closer look
You are probably wondering what these are, those of you who follow me know I'm a big Sheena Douglass fan and these on my desk are the start of the Faux leather technique that she demonstrated on Create and Craft recently, however this is as far as I've got with them, I'll try and finish these before next week. The embossing folders are Sheenas as well (well not these particular one - these are mine, but you know what I mean!). Here is a close up:




I love these designs, really different. Now in the demo she used kraft card but as I hadn't got any I used old manillia folders from the office and they worked just as well.

That's all for tonight, got a birthday card to make, but not before I pop over to Julias blog to look at the other desks

Bye for now

Donna x


8 comments:

  1. Been doing exactly the same this week. It's a brilliant technique isn't it. I even find using the gloss gel medium on them makes them smell leathery too!
    Hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw her demo & thought they looked fun & so effective - what was it she wet them with to get the effect ? Yours are looking good already - do show us the finished ones ! Ali #36

    ReplyDelete
  3. The images are great, Donna. I bought that one of the arches last week - and tried out a few ideas with it. Don't have a TV licence - so couldn't watch create and craft, so therefore have no idea how to make this faux leather everyone is talking about - looks good though.
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #74

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Donna these embossed pieces are fabulous, great technique, haven't actually seen any folders like these so will have to keep my eye out for them. Looking forward to seeing the final works. Cheers RobynO#51

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so pretty , great work
    Happy WOYWW
    Peggy xx #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. I hope you show us the finished project next week!

    Happy belated WOYWW
    Kay (86)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Miss Donna, eeeekkkkksss oh boy I'm loving them already, I love that technique, and I'm so excited you made them out of manila folders, I don't have any kraft card either, thanks, can't wait to see them done have a wonderful weekend...Dianne #70

    ReplyDelete
  8. those embossed dragonflies are beautiful, i'm a huge dragonfly fan :)

    ReplyDelete