Wednesday 6 November 2013

Whats on Your Workdesk? Wednesday #231

Good morning WOYWW's. Its been a busy week here at crafty towers. I'm frantically making cards for an upcoming craft fair, so many ideas, so little time... I use the term "frantically" a bit loosely as it takes a while for me to make just one card, and regular followers know that if I don't like what I've made it goes in the bin! After all... its only a bit of card...

Anyway, for this weeks desk you can see lots of coloured card ready for making my moms birthday card, all the coloured bits are made using distress inks and water. I like to do this so everything matches but has subtle gradients of colour.


The plastic box in the top right has all my backgrounds in ready to make into cards. After using my meltpot, acetate, embossing powders and stamps I produced this:



The black and white embossing is actually on two separate layers of acetate so it has a bit of a 3D look about it. Here is a close up of the flowers


Short and sweet this week as everything is so "frantic". I'm off to Julias blog now to check out all the other desks.

Have a great week, I will as I'm off to the Hobbycraft show at the NEC on Saturday with one of my crafty sisters.

Donna x





13 comments:

  1. I am getting one of those melting pots for Xmas I cant wait.. Your flowers on your card look amazing and love that burnt orange colour.. Just stunning.
    Happy WOYWW
    Sandy :) #32

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers look delicious like spun sugar.. glossy and sweet. Be well Carole # 72

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will love this card!! The distress background is lovely, and your florals are amazing. I notice as I bounce around from desk to desk, how I forget supplies, and I have a metling pot, and should take it out more! Thanks for inspiring me! Winnie#66

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, love the double acetate. The flowers are beautiful. Hugs. Pam#37

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning is the right word! Lush and lovely spring to mind as well :)

    Happy WOYWW!
    Mary Anne (23)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card - trust your mum loves it. Enjoy the NEC.
    Margaret #49

    ReplyDelete
  7. Donna, this is lovely. I really like the various shades of orange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I adore this card! The multi layering gives it that extra dimension...it is completely gorgeous. You are very clever!
    Have a great time at the NEC...I think Shaz Silverwolf (28) is going...she's a lovely lady. I wish I could go too but too many other commitments this weekend..shucks.....
    Hugs, LLJ 58 xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, your card for your Mum is just superb and I'm sure she will be thrilled.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Miss Donna I thought your other cards were fantastic, this one is SUPERB, things made from love are MAGNIFICENT, all those layers, those gorgeous flowers, your Mom will adore this, thanks so much for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Speaking as a Mom- gorgeous!!!!
    Thanks for visiting and the snoop around!
    Robyn 24

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow love your card, the flowers are gorgeous Lx

    ReplyDelete