Wednesday 27 November 2013

Whats on Your Workdesk? Wednesday #234

Good morning, its Wednesday again already. I had promised myself that I would post in-between WOYWW's but with everything else going on I didn't get chance. Anyway, today here is my desk

As you can see I've had a tidy up and a bit of a move around. I was going to buy a glass cutting mat until I remembered I had a very large glass chopping board, so I've started using that and its brill for cutting. Also on my desk is some funky foam - great as a cheap substitute for mounting foam, and I get through loads of that! Also in the background is my floor polish for creating backgrounds (caught in crystal technique copied from Sheena Douglass, a lot cheaper than using Glossy Accents) and right in the middle of my new cutting mat is my "prize" from Hels Sheridan from on Create and Craft, here is a close up


Lovely isn't it. I've got loads of cards to show you as I've been frantically making them for some recent local craft fairs, here are just a few of them

One of my caught in crystal backgrounds for a friends birthday

Stamping up stamp borrowed from little sis, stamped on acetate and coloured behind with a gold leafing pen

Distress ink and twinkling H2O background with Indigo Blu stamps


Background and "snow" are Sheena stamps, the deer is from Stamps Away

More Sheena stamps......

Caught in crystal background with Sheena snowflakes

Graphicus stamps with distress inks backgrounds



Hope you like them, and for a final photo - Jess with her cousin Storm who came to visit at the weekend

This was after they had worn each other out and just before their new "aunty" Molly arrived, haven't got a picture of her as she just didn't stop still the whole time she was here...

Thanks for looking, off to Julias blog to look at all the other desks. More cards to show again soon

Bye

Donna x
 
 
 


17 comments:

  1. I have just ordred some Sheena D stamps for mu store. They are just beautiful.
    Veru cute dogs you have got there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cards are beautiful, the colours are stunning. Love your backgrounds.
    Have a great week,
    Von #27

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - what a gorgeous collection of cards :-) Absolutely wonderful.
    The glass mat is super - does it blunt your blades quicker though ??? I heard it does ?

    Hello to the Furry Friends :-D

    Happy WOYWW #234

    IKE in Greece xx #57

    My Challenge Blog: http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.com
    My Shop: www.ikesart.com
    My Blog: http://suzy-ikesworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ike, not sure if it blunts my blades as I haven't used it very long, time will tell, thanks for the lovely comments

      Delete
  4. Blimey but I LOVE your cards, especially the icy blues and whites......gorgeous!!
    Hugs, LLJ 25 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some seriously good cards! Lovely!
    So good to be back desking this week,
    Laura
    :)
    65

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some beautiful cards there. You have a lovely way with colours. I used to use a big glass chopping board until a chef friend told me it was why my knifes were all getting blunt, so I feel it would do the same for my craft knife. I use mine as a good firm surface when I am colouring with copics now. Kate x #64

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful cards. The colours are amazing... WOW! Hope you have a great week and happy crafting DeDe #42

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bevy of beautiful cards!! The pups do look pleasantly exhausted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, STUNNING, Stunning....I can't think of anything else to say....

    Are you using the floor wax instead of glossy accents? Must run to the store. Your use of color and technique is outstanding!

    Hugs Robin 87

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin, yes using floor wax as its cheaper, thanks for the lovely comments, Donna

      Delete
  10. Hi Donna, love the cards, glad you managed to use my SU stamp! Love all the cards but especially the white one with snow flakes and the sentiment in middle - Andy said it was 'stunning' it's a gorgeous stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Donna, well I'm loving your new glass board, my desk top is glass and your right it's brill, your prize is beautiful, I love mixed media, but your cards are so freaking gorgeous, everyone of them just outstanding, and if they don't get sold, those people are crazy, the Christmas ones are stunning oh I do love to visit and even if its only once a week, and just gaze at your work, it's a sight to behold, I can't wait to try some of your techniques, that would be in the new year, when I will have some time to play, thanks for sharing all your inspiration and have a wonderful week, I sent your post on to all my crafty friends so they could see your awesome work...

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOPPPS Thanks Dianne #86 :O)..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what wonderful cards! I LOVE the *S*N*O*W* one and just spent a happy 12 minutes watching a youtube clip of Sheena Douglas demonstrating that technique! Floor polish is now on my shopping list for this week!!! Happy WOYWW'ing and very happy crafting Donna. Love Debbie #56 xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work, even better in 'real life'!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow I'm not sure where to start complimenting you, what a beautiful stunning cards you've made! I love the square format! What a treat to browse through your blog this morning! Have a wonderful week,Ginny #19

    ReplyDelete